The Thomas Theyer Foundation aims to always show transparency and fairness in the collection and use of data and to let individuals know for what purpose their data will be used. We aim to:
- Make it clear to individuals who work, volunteer or support the TTF, for what purpose the information is held and that they can unsubscribe at any point.
- Where people wish to have their information removed, we will, in line with our legal obligations, conform to this.
- We will only hold data for a given period. If we have had no further contact or support from you, it will be deleted after a maximum of 5 years. This applies to all data, including: customers, staff, job candidates and any other information we hold on individuals.
- Information held is confidential and will only be used for the purpose it is intended and for which permission has been granted i.e. no selling of data to third parties.
- Any individuals photographed to promote the TTF or an event will have given their specific consent to this and may withdraw consent if they wish to do so.
- Individuals will at any time have the right to access information about the data being held and processed about themselves by the TTF and this will be responded to within 30 days.
- We will only collect and process data where we believe there is a legitimate interest e.g. for gift aid recording.
- If you apply for a job with the TTF or apply to volunteer, we will hold personal data to process the application. We may undertake monitoring of recruitment statistics, in line with employment and data protection law. If we need to disclose information to a third party, we will not do so without asking you unless the disclosure is required by law.
- All staff are trained and understand their obligations.
This policy is under regular review and may be adapted pending legislative changes.
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We’re giving you this information to comply with legislation, and to make sure we’re honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Full name
- Contact information including postal address, email address and telephone number
- Other information relevant to operational need e.g. for gift aid
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs, to provide you with a better service and for internal record keeping and statistics.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and we will respond to your request within 30 days. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
The Thomas Theyer Foundation, 1 London Road, Buxton, Derbyshire SK17 9PA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.